Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


My chains are gone, I AM FREE!!! I am free of the burdens of this world, I am free of the same sins I struggle with everyday. I am free!!!






Dear Maddox,

Happy Easter, my 15 month old ball of fire little boy! We are so proud of you and how you are growing and learning, and playing all the time! Your daddy and I want to express to you how truly important this holiday of Easter is. We celebrate Easter because it is the time when Jesus died for all of our sins, He took all of the things we do wrong and forgave us. Easter Sunday is the day we celebrate His Resurrection! That's right Maddox, Jesus came back for us, and all we have to do is believe in Him and we are safe and secure in His arms. We want you to know that Jesus is always there for you, He will never leave and He loves you more than you will ever know. Your daddy and I will do our very best to show you HIS love and to guide you to know Him.



This Easter we found you a fun toy to play with, a work bench just like your daddy's. There were many thoughts that went into finding this gift for you. I know that you love to imitate your daddy, you love to pick up your tools and use them the way your daddy does. In the same way, we want you to imitate Jesus, to pick up the tools He left you (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control) and use them the way Jesus does. We pray you will learn to follow Jesus' footsteps the same way you so eagerly try to follow in your daddy's.

We love you very much little man!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Maddox you are such a handsome little Easter boy! I love you! Aunt Sarah

MaryAnn said...

Maddox, your Grammie loves you almost as much as Mommie and Daddy.

lovelyladycakes said...

Maddox you are so handsome, you have a wonderful mother and father!! Happy Easter!!!
XOXO

Unknown said...

too cute!!! he is such a sweetheart, love the outfit. he will make a handsome future son-in-law!
love you guys,
trish

Unknown said...

too cute!!! he is such a sweetheart, love the outfit. he will make a handsome future son-in-law!
love you guys,
trish