Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Big 26

Well, I turned 26 on June 6th at 6:03am. I had a wonderful birthday spent with my amazing family!!! We started the celebration on Friday the 5th at my mom's house. Maddox, my mom, Granny, sisters Kameron and Carol and baby Mollie came over for Carino's lunch followed by swimming in the kiddie pool!!! My brother, Brad and Paul all joined us after they got off work and we continued the festivities with fajitas and red velvet birthday cake. It was a great time and I definitely felt loved and cared about!!! I was able to sleep in on Saturday (my actual birthday) because my mom kept Maddox for us....oh the extra sleep was joyous!!!! My mom and Paul kept Maddox Saturday evening so Brad and I could go on a date...it was great (thanks again Mom and Paul)

Sunday we spent the day as a family of 3 and even ventured out to the Drive-In to see the movie "UP" We were a little nervous about how Maddox would do since the movie itself didn't start until 9:10 and Maddox usually is in bed between 7:30 and 8....however, Maddox did great...he loved the freedom he had to roam around in the bed of the truck, and of course he loved his movie snacks!!!

It was a great birthday weekend!!!! (unfortunately blogger won't let me upload any pictures at this time...bummer)

Maddox turned 17 months old on June 8th. Gosh, I cannot believe he is almost a year and a half....wait I totally take that back.....I look at him and am in constant shock at how old he is looking and the temper tantrums are hitting full force.....oh but he is so clever, creative, funny, loving and passionate!!! While very spirited, he is such a joy to be around (until you take something away from him..hehehe) His vocabulary is growing like crazy....I am attempting to get it on video for your viewing pleasure!!!

1 comment:

LovelyLadyCakes said...

yummm i sooo miss carinos...wish i was there with ya...
XOXOX
have a great day.