Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Precious Moments

Well, let me just tell ya, God has an amazing way of using a child to teach you patience and how to stay calm when you just don't feel like you can. These past few weeks have had a few bumps in the road with Maddox's temperament and his ability to get super frustrated when he can't communicate his need. He just wants to do EVERYTHING and gets super frustrated when he can't and gets even more "spirited" when you try to help him. However, God can use the simplest of situations to remind you of how sweet life with a spirited toddler is......yesterday, Maddox was having a rough morning into the afternoon and evening, he woke up from his nap extremely upset and seemed to remain in a constant frustrated mood; however, while I was cooking dinner, he came walking into the kitchen, grabbed my leg and said "momma" in the sweetest voice, as though to just make sure I was still in there, then he ran out of the kitchen squealing in excitement and just talking away...it was at that moment when I realized that life just doesn't get much better than that.....here I am making dinner for my sweet, hardworking husband and my precious 17 month old son, and listening to the joyful chatter of my "spirited" little man!! Ahhh, PERFECTION!!! Thank you God for the tougher days because they make the sweet moments unforgettable!!!

We took Maddox and Mollie to get their pictures taken today, sporting their 4th of July outfits that GiGi (my mom) bought them. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure:













2 comments:

Amanda said...

SUCH a sweet story!!! Seriously, God knows exactly how to orchestrate those moments!

LovelyLadyCakes said...

stop-IT..how adorable. it doesn't seem that long ago when our own moms were dressing us up for pictures with your brothers and sisters and cousins...
XOXO
keep up all that hard work mom!
Damon just told me last night how he loves your blog b/c maddox can alway look back when he is older and see how amazing his mom and dad are and LOVE him so much. :)