Thursday, December 6, 2012

5 Month Stats


This precious baby had her 5 month well check appointment on Wednesday. She is growing right on track and is meeting all her developmental milestones just as she should. She had all the nurses and the doctor wrapped around her tiny little finger as she smiled and "talked" to them. She seriously is the sweetest baby I know!
At 5 months old Harper weighs 14.5 pounds and is 24.8 inches long. She is in the 40th percentile for weight and the 60th percentile for height. (It is very different for us to have a baby that for now is longer than she is wide...ha...the boys were such chunky babies! Ha) I do not remember her head circumference measurement but I do know it was in the 70th percentile and they measured it twice to make sure they were correct. What can I say, our kiddos need a lot of head space for all those brains!!

They said we can most definitely start her on solids, but I just don't think I am ready for that. I believe we will wait until she is closer to 6 months old because both boys had such a hard time with their digestive system and Harper still struggles with painful gas and tummy aches. I just want to allow her tummy the opportunity to grow and finish developing, I keep reminding myself that her digestive system is a full month behind and it needs time to catch up; therefore, we are in no rush to start all the solids for now!!


Oh sweet Harper Grace, we are so blessed that you are so healthy and growing and developing exactly as you should! You are perfect to us and we love watching you grow. 

No comments: