Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Time

As our family prepares to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, I am struggling to make sure my kiddos truly know the true meaning of Christmas. I love watching them get excited about their new presents and dressing them up in adorable Christmas clothes; however, how am I, as their mother, making an impact on how they view Christmas. Both boys know that we celebrate Christmas because it is Jesus' birthday. Maddox seems to understand that Jesus came to save us by dying on a cross and coming back. He knows we all make mistakes and we all need the Grace of Christ.
Grace, I suppose, is what I hope to teach my kiddos the most right now. Grace. True Grace. We are teaching that Santa comes to remind us about Jesus' birthday. He brings us presents so we can all celebrate together! We are also teaching that Santa shows us Grace because we cannot be "good" all the time, and yet he still brings us gifts just as Christ did for us. We do not deserve the presents and yet we receive them anyway. I want my kiddos to know that they are loved ALL the time and that Christ came to save them and shower them with gifts that we do not deserve!!!

I pray the Lord gives me the guidance and wisdom to teach our little trio the true meaning of Christmas and I hope I help create lasting super fun memories along the way!!!


No comments: