Thursday, May 22, 2008

Growing Pains

What a week of pondering, growing and contemplation....for me of course!!! I have been putting so much pressure on myself and my "parenting skills" and my ability to make him "happy" I know it sounds pretty ridiculous, when he is fussy and cries and wont sleep well, I take that as a reflection on my ability to be a mother. As a result I would get really depressed and ultimately feel like a failure. However, after talking to my mom, praying a lot and putting those crazy parenting books away, I have been able to get a different perspective on what it means to be a mother to MY son Maddox!!! He is not like every other baby, he does have tummy problems, he has his own personality and thank goodness, he is not letting anyone change that!! (I do believe I see my stubbornness in him already...ahhahah) He is loved, fed, warm, cool when its hot outside, he is held, talked to, cuddled (as much as he will let you cuddle him), tickled, bathed and he has more toys than a baby could ever need!!! At the end of the day, that is all that matters! He has a great home to grow up in and he does not have to sleep 12 hours a night simply because some other babies his age can. He is his own being and I cannot expect him to be like any other infant his age!!! With that new found discovery, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from me and I am now able to sit back and enjoy this amazing little boy!!!


Moving on, we had to go to the doctor this week and get some more of those yucky shots!! Maddox is doing so much better this time, he is not fussy at all!! The Dr put him on baby Zantac for his tummy....so far it seems to be working so well!!! We have had a wonderful day today, not grunting or crying just sweet smiles and good good naps!!! I pray that he continues to feel better everyday!!!

I will leave you with my favorite picture from last week!!!

No comments: