Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day

Wow, what an amazing weekend!!! Brad and I packed up and traveled to Salado, Tx (about 45 miles north of Austin) for one of my best friend's (Anna) wedding!!! This was the first time we have left Maddox with anyone for more than an evening....it was so much harder than I thought it would be. He stayed with my mom (Grammy) and I was not at all worried for him, I knew he was in wonderful hands; however, it just felt like we weren't complete. It is crazy that in 4 months our lives have transformed so much...I just LOVE it!!! Maddox did great for Grammy and Brad and I were able to have a great time at the wedding and enjoyed the weekend together!!!!

We got home on Sunday which was Mother's day and we met up with my mom, granny, Paul, Carol, Jason and Kameron and of course Mr Maddox!! When we were leaving, my mom said she had a gift for me in the car...it ends up that my mom, Kameron, Carol and Jason were sneaky and made me a mother's day gift with little Maddox!!! They planted me a beautiful plant in a pot and decorated the flower pot with Maddox's hands and foot prints!!! It was precious!! I love it!!!

My sweet sweet husband knew how important this mother's day was to any new mom and he bought me a beautiful antique looking ring with Maddox's birthstone (a garnet...dark red stone) it is sooooooo pretty, i LOVE it!!!! This mother's day was fabulous, but not because I was blessed so much by my family but because I was able for the first time to step back and look at my mother in a totally different light!!! She is an amazing woman and is so encouraging!! I do not know where I would be in my life without her! I love you mom!!!!

I shall leave you with a picture of Maddox and the beautiful flower pot he made for me!!!
Here are his sweet little hand prints!!!
Here are his chubby little feet prints!!! So precious!!!

5 comments:

Konni said...

I am so happy for you! You have a very blessed life. Love you!

The Kalivoda's said...

thank you sweet konni!!! yes yes, i am very blessed and i have an amazing family!!!! hope you had a great mommy's day as well!!! LOVE YOU

LovelyLadyCakes said...

oh deary..i got all teary eyed when i read this blog so sweet of your family and husband....and of course Maddox is such a little painter...those feet soo cute....

The Kalivoda's said...

thank you sweet swet anna!!! i do have the most amazing family ever!!! thank you for loving my sweet baby boy even though you have never offically met him!! you are such an amazing friend...i love you so much!!

MaryAnn said...

I am so happy that you liked the flower pot. We had such fun making it with Maddox.

Can't tell you how much my time with you and Maddox means to me. I love you both.