Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just Roll With It

Wow how things can change in one day. Its just crazy how fast Maddox is learning new tricks, eating new foods, and simply discovering his world around him! As I have mentioned, Maddox has mastered the art of the roll from tummy to back; however, today he rolled from back to belly and belly to back, just like a roly poly!! It was hilarious and he always has this stunned look on his face when he accomplishes the roll over (I honestly don't think it is because he is surprised by his new accomplishment, it is because I get so excited and I think I scare him a little...hahhaha)


Maddox has done amazingly well with all the new foods he has tried! S0 far he has eaten sweet peas, green beans, carrots and sweet potatoes! The change of foods does not seem to affect him, he just eats whatever you allow him to! He is a very eager eater and has made this very easy for Brad and I. He has been more gassy since we started the solids, but in all honesty I was totally expecting some tummy problems because that is all that we know with the Madd-man; however, overall he is doing amazingly well with the change of diet and I couldn't be more thrilled!




It has been so fun watching Brad and Maddox bond over the past 5 months. It just melts my heart to see them giggle and play together! Brad is so good to him and I love to watch Brad's face light up when he gets home from work and begins to tickle Maddox. When Brad comes home for lunch and I am feeding Maddox his lunch, it because almost impossible to keep that spoon in Maddox's mouth because he is constantly watching Brad and forgets to pay attention to eating (now for those of you who know Maddox, you realize how big of a statement that is. Maddox actually gets distracted from eating because he is so focused on his daddy. It is absolutely precious!!!)




I feel this has been the best month of motherhood for me. I am finally beginning to feel like myself again and I am loving all the time I get to spend with Maddox. I don't feel like I am constantly walking in a fog or so exhausted that I can hardly function. I have time to pick up the phone and call my friends, sit down and write a quick email, and enjoy the day ahead of me! I knew it would eventually get there, it just took me a while to find MY spot in this new world I am surrounded by, and let me just tell you, I LOVE it! I am so blessed to have an amazing husband who works his bottom off so that I can have the opportunity to stay at home with Maddox. I am so lucky to have this time with my mom to bond with her and watch her relationship grow with her grandson!! I have the best friends a girl could ever ask for. Thank you Brad, Sarah, Dusty, Kameron, Jason, Carol and Anna for your constant support and patience as I have attempted to find who I am as a mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend. You guys have been so supportive and have helped me more than I could ever thank you for!!!


Sorry to just ramble on and on there. I have some pictures for you and some video! I hope you enjoy!!



Maddox eating carrots

Maddox and daddy laughing



Jumping around in my Birthday suit!!!

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

How fun. I LOVE the Blog. Now that I have it at home it will be easier for me to check.

Love you

lovelyladycakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lovelyladycakes said...

This is the sweetest blog about 5 months and the feeding....lace you make it look so easy...also, this is so cool you can upload video...love it love you. and i cant wait to meet that stinker-poo
:):):"):):)

The Kalivoda's said...

thank you guys for your sweet comments! anna, you are too sweet to me and i just love ya! thanks for all your support!!