Monday, June 2, 2008

No Assistance Needed

Yippeee!! What a wonderful week it has been in the Kalivoda household, particularly in Maddox's bedroom!!! We have made that wonderful transition to crib sleeping....yes you read that correctly, Maddox is sleeping in his crib, by himself with no assistance. No baby papazon chair, just little Maddox, his fish mobile and his sacred Raffie!!!! I had been praying that the Lord would let me know when Maddox was ready to sleep in his bed unassisted, I simply could not fight Maddox anymore on the matter. He did not feel well and could not get situated on his back with his tummy hurting so badly...thank goodness for baby zantac...it has helped his so much!! One evening I went to put Maddox to bed in his little chair and he just arched his back and squirmed around and just couldn't get situated...the poor little guy was telling me he wanted to stretch out....I laid him in his crib, turned on his mobile and sat in the glider chair to see what would happen!!! The Madd-man fell asleep on his own IN HIS CRIB!!!!



I stay in his room and play his mobile 2-3 times until he is good and asleep. He has slept there ever since! He even spent the night at Grammy's house and slept in his Port-a-crib (we are not sleeping through the night yet, we still get up for at least one feeding...but I can totally handle one feeding) I still have to get up a few times a night to put his paci back in, but he is doing so well. My heart just leaps for joy because this was a huge obstacle that I had no idea how we were going to conquer!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!! I am so proud of him. You would not believe the change in personality of the little man. He just seems so much more content throughout the day, well it only makes sense that he would be happier...you know how uncomfortable a nights sleep in a recliner can be....the Madd-Man has been sleeping in a recliner-type-devise for 4 months...he needed to stretch out!!!! He smiles a lot, lets out a little giggle every now and then (he is just such a serious baby...studying the world around him...going to be just like his daddy....well, he gets the grumpiness from me of course...you all KNOW me...hehehhe) Oh it has been so much fun! Yes I still am exhausted some days, but I do believe that is the second definition of Motherhood!!!

Moving on, Maddox has discovered that he desperately desires to sit up. It is absolutely hilarious....I go to put him in his car seat, and he pulls himself forward and tries so hard to sit up and get out of that seat. I just laugh and laugh because he is trying so hard.....good job little man...he is not content in just being, he wants to go and do and discover...what a fabulous quality to have. So now, everywhere I go throughout the house with Maddox, he wants to sit up. I put him on our bed, surround him with pillows and let him sit and wiggle, it is precious! Here's a look at the Madd-Man playing in between all the covers!!! His facial expression in this one cracks me up!!!

Finally I will leave you with the sweetest picture of Maddox and Granny....pay close attention to Maddox's arm, he is grabbing Granny's arm as if to say "MY Granny" Sweet sweet baby boy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! I think that sums it up. You are such an awesome mom!

The Kalivoda's said...

oh my goodness, thank you so much for those kind kind words...that just melted my heart!!! only a few more weeks and i get to see you!! YIPPEEE