Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Sitter

We have a baby sitter, no, not someone to watch our child, we have a baby who sits!!! Maddox can sit up on his own and he LOVES it! One day the Madd-man decided he would sit up by himself and he has done it ever since. He reaches for things and is trying so hard to find a way to move on his little bottom (I do believe we will have a scooter soon).




















This past weekend we had the opportunity to travel to Arlington, TX for our first annual Malone Family Reunion (my mom's side) It was a lot of fun and it was great getting to see the family! I wish we could have stayed longer, but we enjoyed the time we had! Maddox traveled well, he was definitely ready to get out of the car when we arrived at the Macaroni Grill in Louisville. (I was tempted to start crying like he does because I too was ready to get out of the car; however, it is frowned upon to see a 25 year old woman throwing a fit simply because I am antsy. Something about being a mature adult or something...overrated...hahahah)





















The big secret is finally out...drum roll please.....Jason and Kameron (my bro and sis-in-law) are expecting their first baby!!! Yippee...I will be an aunt, Brad will be an uncle, and Maddox will be and will have a cousin!!! Congrats you two!!! I pray that we will be as great to your little bundle of joy as you are to our little Maddox!! Thank you for your love and support and if there is anything we can do for the two of you, please let us know!!!


The vacation was fun fun. We were able to go to Hurricane Harbor on Saturday while my mom kept Maddox. He went swimming loved his car floaty so much he almost feel asleep in it!!! Saturday evening we went to a Texas Rangers baseball game. We had a wonderful time, despite the rainy weather, Maddox was bored about the 3rd inning, but everything turned out fine. I was able to have some good cuddle time with the little man in the Baby Bjorn frontal carrier. We had a wonderful time seeing our family. We are now doing laundry and preparing to hit the road again. We are going to Oklahoma City to visit Brad's family for the 4th of July.
On the way home from Dallas, I was reading the billboards and there was one that said "Relax, I am in charge-God." This simple statement has hit my heart at its core. I get so worked up, over analyze and allow myself to be consumed with things that don't even matter. I need to step back and RELAX and realize, I am not in charge and I never will be. The Lord will provide and take care of everything, I simply need to be obedient and allow Him to take the lead!!! What an amazing feeling!

No comments: