Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Happy belated Independence day to everyone!! Hope you all enjoyed some time with your families. Brad, Maddox, and I traveled to Oklahoma City for the holiday weekend and spent some time with Brad's family. It was a well needed trip and we enjoyed being able to see everyone (although, it was not nearly enough time, but we take what we can get at this point). Maddox traveled really well and I discovered new and unusual ways to "entertain" him in the car. It cracks me up the things that will amuse him and the things that he just looks blankly at you as if to say "are you serious? Did you really think that was funny?" Oh my sweet sweet boy!


We enjoyed a nice scorching hot picnic at Grandma Jo's and then spent some time in the hotel pool (thanks Kim, Austin and Brandon for joining us for a swim, we enjoyed the company!!)


From our hotel window we could see all the wonderful fireworks shows and it was great. Maddox was sleeping away in his swing (yes we packed it and brought it with us everywhere, Dennis and Murlon's house, Grandma Jo's and the hotel, it was a life saver!!) and we were watching the fireworks from our balcony window with Brandon. We had a wonderful time!! What did everyone else do for the holiday???


Moving on, today is Maddox's 6th month birthday....I know, I can't believe it either. He is getting so big so fast!! Not a day goes by that someone doesn't comment on my "lack" of feeding the poor baby...hahahah...everyone is amazed by how big he is!! I am too!!! I am anxious to see how much he weighs and how tall he is (we don't go back to the doctor until August).


I am amazed at all the new things my little one is able to do. He is eating stage one and stage two Gerber baby foods. He can have juice (we have attempted a Sippy cup, he is not fond of the idea of him having to hold the cup. He believes that is MY job...hahaha) He sits up all by himself. He talks and smiles. He knows his name and responds when it is spoken to him. He rolls over (he is still not fond of his tummy, so he remains on his back, but at least we know he can do it if he ever wanted to). He is amazed at other people's hands, he loves to hold them and watch how each finger moves, it is precious to watch him discover new things. I could go on and on but I don't want to bore all of you will my rambling, so I will move on to the important part....PICTURES!!



Please get me out of this car!!! Are we there YET???

Happy 4th of July everyone! I sure am pooped!!!

Maddox and his sweet Aunt Kim!!!

Loving the cool water and his car floaty! He is way too cool, he drives his car backwards!!!

Getting all warmed up after the swim!


Maddox grandma and great-grandma, telling stories!!

Maddox and Grandpa going for a walk!




No comments: