Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tribute to the Swing

Thank you for always being there, rocking me, soothing my tummy, playing "great" music for me, growing with me, comforting me, letting me sleep with you and providing an ease to my aching body.....thank you my ever so faithful, lifesaving, nap giving, sleep providing, tummy soothing SWING!!! You provided me with 26 weeks, 182 days, 2,184 hours, 131,040 minutes, 7,862, 400 seconds of comfort!! I grew through 3 head rests and wore out 2 motors! Thank you beloved swing for always being with us, even from the very beginning!

The first picture below is the day we brought Maddox home from the hospital. (Can anyone believe he was ever that little, and look at the hair on his head, crazy!)

We have officially transitioned from the swing, all sleeping is done in the bed. All naps, and the entire night! The Madd-man was 7 pounds away from being "kicked" out of the swing for safety reasons and the time was right to make the switch. After we got back home from Oklahoma I told Maddox he had one full week left in the swing (I wanted to get him regulated back on his schedule since we were out of town for two weekends in a row) therefore, last Sunday marked our first day on our new bed sleeping adventure! We have had some long nights and making adjustments to our napping, but over all he has taken the change like a champ! Way to go Maddox! I am so proud of you!!!


On July 9th, Brad and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary!! I cannot believe it has been 3 years already (however, this year in itself has felt like a life time...hahah) There are so many things I love about my amazing husband and the bond that we share!!

I love his smile and his since of humor! He is always making me laugh

I love his gorgeous blue eyes and the way they can calm my spirit with just a simple glance

I love his work ethic! He honestly is the hardest worker I know (at everything he attempts)

I love watching him turn into a Daddy!

I love sharing things with him....shampoo, toothpaste, sodas from Sonic, etc.

I love his ability to figure things out (like laying tile and our new wood floor...he does such an amazing job!)

I love how he always makes sure Maddox and I are taken care of

I love how he loves his family and takes great pride in his parents

I love his passion for life and making sure he finds things to enjoy about every single day

I love that he works hard so he can play harder

I love my sweet husband and I am so blessed to have him in my life!!!

3 comments:

lovelyladycakes said...

OMG.... thoses pics of the two cutest couple are the cutest.....ya"ll look so happy of course. and lace love the blue gum heheheh...

The Kalivoda's said...

hahhaha...yes yes, why didnt i spit that gum out before i took the picture...oh well, adds character!!!

Amanda said...

haha... can I just say that your thank you note to the swing made me laugh so hard! what a great idea! haha... good job swing!

you guys are too cute!