Monday, August 4, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made






Oh how blessed we are! I am in awe everyday that the Lord would bless us with such an amazing child. His smile brightens my day and lifts my spirits each and every time! His sweet giggle melts my heart and I constantly try anything and attempt even the most goofiest of faces to make the little-man laugh!

Just a little update on the Madd-man, he is teething like crazy, but we are still toothless and have very swollen gums!! He is trying harder and harder everyday to learn to crawl, he is getting so close (I am scared that Brad and I will be on our cruise when our little one learns to "cruse" I so don't want to miss that milestone in his life....) I love to watch the determination in his eyes, he tries and tries and tries again to reach for things and wiggle his way to whatever he thinks he needs at the moment. I do wish that I had half of the determination he has, and I pray I can find a way to encourage that determination with everything he attempts in life!

My favorite time of day is still the 5am feeding...(as crazy as that sounds because a full nights sleep sounds heavenly) but at 5am he eats and cuddles with me!!! I just love to watch him finish that bottle and then bury his head on my chest. Melts my heart.

These next two weeks are going to be a bit crazy in the 'Voda house. Next Monday Maddox has a doctors appointment accompanied by more shots, so that should make that week very "fun" for all of us...poor baby. While that is going on I will be packing for Brad and I to go on our cruise and packing for the Madd-man to stay with family for 9 days (OH MY GOSH, I cannot believe I am leaving him for that long....I am very excited to have a "grown-up" trip, but we are sure going to miss those chubby cheeks)

So, last night, during our usually night time routine, I was reading Maddox a book "On the Night You Were Born" and the first page has the Bible verse "For you are fearfully and wonderfully made..." I have heard this Bible verse thousands of times, but last night it really got me thinking about how perfectly planned God had Maddox. Maddox was fearfully, delicately, perfectly and wonderfully made by our GOD!!! There was no accident, it didn't just "happen" God planned out every tiny detail of our sweet baby boy and he gently and perfectly created him in HIS image to grow to Love and serve the Lord with all of his heart and soul. I am just so thankful that God took so much time in creating our little boy.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh! Maddox is adorable! Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love it when readers do that!! And now I can have a new blog to read! :)

MaryAnn said...

I am sitting here reading your blog with tears running down my face. what am amazing mother you are, what an amazing wife you are and what an amazing woman you are. I am so proud of you and I am so amazed and touched at how you love Maddox and strive each and every day to provide him with exatly what he needs. I love you and am so blessed to call you "my daughter"