Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Joy of the Lord


Today has been a wonderful day!! We started the morning off by stopping by Chick-fil-A for FREE breakfast...Yummy!!! Brad was not able to come home for lunch today; therefore, we made plans to meet up with my mom...we went to Chili's and overall we had a good time, although Maddox was not nearly as patient as I had hoped for. We came home to settle in for a good afternoon nap (fingers crossed for that one) and much to my surprise, Maddox napped for two hours and 15 minutes (thus, providing me time to clean out our closet and catch up on laundry) My favorite part of the day was after nap time...it is usually anyones guess on what mood the Madd-man will be in when he initially wakes up from his nap, and today, he was in a GREAT mood. He just giggled and smiled when I got him out of his crib...he played in the living room for a while and was just so much fun to play with!! He sat on the couch with me and cuddled and hugged me!!! (yes, my son, Maddox, the captain of high energy, never stopping, never sitting still and certainly never hugging actually sat still on the couch and just hugged me!!! Completely melted my heart) We then proceeded to bath time. He loved his bath as usual. I have been teaching him to put all his bath toys up before he gets out of the bath, well tonight, he started putting them all up without me helping him! It was so fun to watch him and the pride he had knowing he was doing it all by himself!!! The evening was coming to an end as we prepared for bed time! He snuggled with me as I rocked, read and sang to him. When I was putting him in his crib he just looked up at me and giggled! Oh what a glorious day!!! I wanted to write about it so I could look back and remember the JOY I have today!!! I know Joy comes from the Lord and I am so thankful He showed me HIS Joy today!!!


On a very serious note, you will see on the right side of this blog, the box for MckMiracle....this precious baby boy was born after all his doctors said he would most surely die in the womb because of heart failure. When he was born, there was NO sign of heart failure at all; however, this week his heart began to struggle and now it is very serious and life threatening. Please pray for this family. You can click on that box and it will take you to their blog!!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Oh I love reading about little Maddox! He is so precious. Yeah I have been following her blog and praying for him. I even did a Stellan name picture to email her. Thanks for reading my blog :)