Monday, March 30, 2009

Seek.Find.Love



As I have mentioned in previous posts, Maddox has a best friend he carries with him everywhere. He hugs him, plays with him, snuggles with him, and he is a must have when its time for a nap or bed time. Who is this mystery friend....well it is Raffie of course!!!
Our giraffe/blanket!!! If you ask Maddox "Where's Raffie" he will look up at you, put his arms out to his side, shrugs his shoulders, as if to say "I don't know" and fervently search for his cuddle buddy. Now, I know I have mentioned this bond before, but the Lord has shown me something amazing through our little friend Raffie....."If you seek me, you will find me....."


I often wander through life asking "Where's God" I put my arms out to my side, shurg my shoulders as if to say "I don't know" and then I leave it at that. I continue on my way, never stopping to seek Him and find Him. He has promised us that if we seek Him, we will find Him (Just like Maddox does with Raffie, he searches until he finds where he left him....coincidentally, it was Maddox who moved Raffie; Raffie did not move away from Maddox.....just like it is with God....I am the one that has moved, put God aside to "play" with something else, all the while He remains the same)
While we were at church on Sunday, we sang a song that said
"The more you seek me, the more you find Me. The more you find Me the more you love Me."
What a simple concept. Seek. Find. Love!

No comments: