Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

What a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Our morning started off super early as the boys bundled up and loaded the truck to go "hunting." Yep, Brad braved the cold outdoors with  three year old and 5 year old boys to go hunting for sandhill crane and make unforgettable memories with his sons on Thanksgiving! The boys had a blast...all three of them! The kids enjoyed shooting the bird, hunting for the said now dead bird, and even watching daddy get all the meat out. YUCK-O. I'm glad they enjoy their man time together and this is one adventure I am not sad I am not invited to participate!
While the boys hunted, Harper and I watched the parade and prepared our thanksgiving feast! It was such a low key day and I think it turned out wonderfully!!!
I do have to say I think one of the best parts of the day was my precious, 3 day old, tiny little niece joining us!! Yes, Ruby Grace Jenkins made her grand entrance into this world on Monday, November 25 and at only 3 days of age, she joined our family for Thanksgiving!!! Such a blessing and a beautiful little lady! Her momma and daddy are amazing and have taken on the parenting roll with such class and grace!!

Such a wonderful day to step back and verbalize just how thankful we are for each other.
Maddox, Paxton and Harper Grace,
I pray you know everyday how thankful we are for the three of you. You are all so special and have so many unique talents and characteristics that make you special and absolutely perfect. You are the joy of our lives and we are so proud of each of you! Thank you for making our days brighter and for loving us even when we mess up from time to time! You all are so full of life and energy and you teach us new things every day. Your daddy and I are so thankful that God choose us to be your parents!! We love you guys!!

The manly men

Harper girl enjoying her breakfast, watching the parade, and sporting her pink camo while the boys hunted

Happy Thanksgiving from the kids table


Gobble gobble

The joy of my soul

Sweetest, tiniest little turkey...Ruby Grace

No comments: