Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day (the pregnancy kind)

I found this on my new blog friend, Amanda's site and I thought it was fun! Play along if you want!


***It's generally pretty quiet around the blogosphere on holidays. Just for fun, I thought I'd pull out this meme (chain letter) I found. In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either.



How long were your labors?


Well the actual labor process was about 5 hours max; however, I was in the hospital the night before Maddox was delivered (January 7, 2008), they put me on cervidil to help the labor process the proceeding day. They next morning they gave me pitocine at about 7am to get the contractions going and I was given my epidural. My body took over and Maddox was delivered at 12:35pm on January 8, 2008. It was a super easy delivery....God certainly blessed me with a wonderful pregnancy and labor/delivery.




How did you know you were in labor?



I was induced, so the monitors showing the contractions showed that I was in labor. Like I said, super easy delivery.





Where did you delivery?

Covenant Lakeside


Drugs?

Oh yes.....loved them!!!



C-section?

not for this gal....Maddox was ready and did great...there was no need for one...but I certainly was not opposed to it....I just wanted Maddox to be healthy and I would do whatever that would take!!!

Who delivered?

Dr. Burkholder. He did a great job, Maddox was born healthy and there weren't any problems along the way!!! (He is the one in the picture below with Brad and baby Maddox)




2 comments:

sarahdodson said...

Hi! My name is Sarah. I came here from Amanda's blog. What a neat post! I guess our sons are about the same age. Mine just turned 7 months. Isn't motherhood GREAT?!

Amanda said...

oh my gosh.. that is so precious! those little pictures of him are adorable!!