Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Great time with the Voda's






Wow what a weekend. The Voda Grandparents (Brad's parents) came into town Thursday evening and were able to stay until Tuesday morning. We had a wonderful time with them, Maddox was a complete joy...it was great!!! Saturday Brad, Grandpa Voda and I went to the Tech game while Grandmom Voda and Maddox spent some much needed quality time together, I believe we all had a good time! Sunday we had a cook out at my mom's house and Monday we drove to Lake Allen Henry and just looked around. Maddox loved all the play time he got with grandpa and he is still loving the new toys! We were so blessed to have them here and we cherished every moment!


This week God has tought me some amazing things and provided me with a new perspective on the life we live. Here is a little background info so just stick with me.....This week we decided it was time wean Maddox off of the nightime feedings and help him discover a way to sleep through the night. We just had to let him cry-it-out and that is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do (although I know it is what is best for him and me as well, it is just so hard to listen to him give that huge sobbing cry and look into those eyes that are saying "why aren't you doing anything for me"). Luckily he is doing so well with it and the nighttime feedings are offically gone (I am still having to get up a couple times during the night to give him the pacifier; however, it only took a few days to eliminate the feedings and he is doing better and better every night and sleeping longer, thus making all of us happy)
Ok, so here is where the Lord has really spoken to me. The hardest part for me letting Maddox cry-it-out, was the fear that he would think I was ignoring him or I did not love him because I was not coming to him while he was crying. God has shown me that He has to do the same thing to us sometimes. We sit there and cry and cry and cry to Him, sobbing for Him to provide for us the things that we think we "need" We look to Him with those eyes as if to say "why are you ignoring me....do you NOT hear my cry" However, the Lord is calmly saying, "my child, I hear your cry and it hurts me so badly to know that you are hurting so much, but I know what is best for you and I promise you will be better off in the long run. I am NOT ignoring you and I love you more that you will ever know." How many times do we feel the Lord has simply turned His back on us and He is ignoring our cries; however, He is letting us cry-it-out as He is strengthening us and making us wait for what He has in store. OH I am so thankful the Lord does not give into our cries when He knows there is something so much better for us!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Maddox is growing SO much! Those pictures of him are precious!

What a great parallel you made of crying it out and how God is with us! Maddox I know has such a blessed life with parents like you two cuties seeking the Lord and following Him!

The Henry's said...

Lacye- My goodness, you totally spoke volumes to me. Joshua has been done with night feedings for a while now, but it still breaks my heart to leave him or anything because I feel like he will forget me or think that I am ignoring him, in reality I know he is so very tired and if he would just calm down he'd go to sleep! Thank you Lacye for being the very voice of God to me!!!

the walkers said...

my gosh lacye...that was great. i have honestly never thought of the cry-it-out saga like that...amazing!!! i HATED doing that too, and still do, but that was reassuring to read!!!