Monday, September 29, 2008

Momma

It has been a busy last few days!! I guess I will start with preparing to go to Oklahoma City.....Brad and I planned to leave Thursday evening to drive to Oklahoma City for his grandmother's funeral on Friday. I had most of ours and Maddox's stuff packed Wednesday evening and I planned to eat lunch with my mom, brother and sister-in-law on Thursday before we left. Everything was going according to plan, Maddox took a good morning nap, I loaded the car with the diaper bag and everything I would need for Maddox for lunch, I got Maddox dressed, we walked out the front door, locked it and proceeded to load up in the car. I walk up to open Maddox's door and its LOCKED! I go to open my door and it is LOCKED!!! I then realized my car keys are on the couch and I don't have a house key. My cell phone is in my LOCKED car! Luckily Maddox is with me so there was no need to panic. I simply walk next door to the neighbor's house and they let me borrow a phone, I try to call Brad but I could not get a hold of him, so I call my mom who is already at the restaurant waiting for us to show up. She has to leave Jason and Kameron to drive to her house to get my house key and come save us!! (Thanks mom for helping us out...you were a life saver) The neighbors were really nice and actually we left there house with a new toy for Maddox, wasn't that sweet of them!
So everything was fine, mom takes Maddox and I to lunch. I then drive home and my mind is going through all the things I need to get done before we go out of town: load the car, don't forget Maddox's medicine, set the dog food out by the back door...etc. I turn down the long street to get to our house and I see a motorcycles cop and realize YES, I had been speeding. I got a ticket. Blah, what a crappy couple of hours.

Moving on, the trip to Oklahoma went really well. Maddox traveled like an angle on the way down, and he did great while we were there! I was so proud of him at the funeral. It was a very nice service and it was great to be with family. Friday we spent time with the family and Saturday Brad's parents and the 3 of us went to the Tulsa Fair. We had a great time eating all the wonderful fair food (Sarah, I ate fried pickles and thought of you the whole time) and looking at all the neat booths. The best part of that trip was Maddox said Momma!!!! oh it is so sweet to hear it and he waiting for his grand mom to hear it!! We were all in the car and the way home from Tulsa and he said "MOMMA"!!!
The ride home on Sunday was a little rough for Maddox. He was ready to get out of the car about an hour into the 6 hour road trip. Brad and I had a great time making up songs to sing to him. If you could have been there all of you would be laughing at our feeble attempts to entertain the Mad-man.

No on to today. My poor poor baby boy caught a nasty stomach bug and he has been so so sick all day. He threw up about 7 times and was so weak. I felt so bad for him. My mom came over to help me (THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT YOU) Luckily, Maddox has not gotten sick in the last 3 hours so hopefully the worst is behind us. Please keep him in your prayers though, he still does not feel very well.

Well, here is what I have learned the last few days. There are times when Maddox just needs his mom. He wants me to hold him, to love on him, to entertain him, to feed him, to rock him. He does not want anyone else, just his mom (and let me tell you, it melts my heart) Last night I was rocking him and trying to get him to go to sleep and I looked at his peaceful face and the Lord began to speak to me. So often I picture the Lord as a Father figure and I began to picture our Savior as a Mom. Because our Lord is ALL things, He is in fact a Father to us, but HE is also a Mother to us. He holds us when we don't feel well, He comforts us, He plays with us, He encourages us, He feeds us. He is all things to us. I long to "need" our Savior as much as Maddox needs me at times. I want to be completely incontinent until I am wrapped in the arms of our Lord. I long to spit out any "bottle" until I am being fed by the Lord. I long to not be able to sleep until I have been held and talked to from our Lord and Savior.


The Madd-man in his suit!!


Not a happy camper!!


Getting so fresh and so clean clean


Maddox and Aunt Kim


Brad and his momma at the Fair (Look at those blue eyes)


Maddox at the Fair, such a happy boy


Maddox and Grandmom Voda


Maddox and Grandpa Voda playing


our sweet slobbery boy

3 comments:

Amanda said...

well my goodness! You have had quite an adventure! That stinks that you got a ticket! :( I love those pictures of Maddox! His little rolly polly legs look just like Eli's! Oh and I am DYING that he said momma! Eli doesn't even care to make the Mmmmm sound!

The Henry's said...

Well I am so glad the funeral went well... Oh and we are visiting Experiance life as well and LOVE it!! Joshua is combating a cold, and so when he is well, what days work best for a play date???

MaryAnn said...

Love you my sweet daughter. You are truly an amazing mother.