Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Fun

We had a terrific weekend. We hung out with our friends friday, watched Tech stomp all over SMU Saturday evening(thanks Sarah for watching Maddox for me and taking such cute pictures!!), went to church Sunday morning (okay, this was the first time we took Maddox to church and the first time I have ever left him with anyone that wasn't a close friend or family, and I have to say it was a terrific experience for all of us. There weren't too many kids in Maddox's class, so he got a lot of attention and they were all very friendly.) Brad and I both loved the church...Experience Life is the name...and we plan on going back again next week. Oh what a peace my heart has knowing we are getting back in the swing of things. I know that church "doesn't make you any more of a Christian than standing in your garage makes you a car" but I definately miss the spiritual encouragement you receive from going. It has been years since I have felt that comfortable in a church setting. I cannot wait for next Sunday. Maddox was a little angle on Sunday, he took a little nap before we went to church at 11, then we went to eat at Taco Bueno and Maddox enjoyed his yummy yummy carrots, then we went to Best Buy and Gander Mountain and Maddox didn't fuss at all even though it was long past nap time. He took a good nap at the house then we loaded back up and went to Dusty and Sarah's house for a little fun and cook out. It was just a wonderful day!!
What did YOU do this weekend???


Maddox trying to pull up in his crib and making his new silly face



Maddox and Sarah enjoying a good "Peek-a-Boo" Book

1 comment:

Amanda said...

what sweet pictures! uugghhh... ok. You've prompted me to be a big girl and try taking Eli to the nursery again during church. Good for you!