Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Attempting to Catch Up

I am back in the land of the living....Mr. Sickness read his eviction notice and promptly packed his bags (germs) and is kindly leaving me alone. I am so behind on blogging and just can't seem to find where to start to catch you and myself back up. So, I will just write some of the things that have been fun around here and try to get back in the grove of blogging.


We took Maddox to his very first Texas Tech football game a couple weekends ago, and we had a great time (of course, he was not at all interested in the actual game, but he wanted to know what everyone was doing and what he could find to get his hands on) It was a great memory for the 3 of us and I just sat there in awe as I took in the realization that I was at the University that holds so many fond memories, where I met my husband, fell in love, got engaged, and now am watching a football game with our son. It was a great feeling and I hope we can do it more often.


Maddox has turned 21 months since I posted last.....goodness, I cannot believe he is a few short months from being 2 years old. He is as active as ever and taking this world in at full force. He is definitely showing more and more of that independent personality of his and he gets super frustrated when you try to "limit" him or help him if he doesn't want it. Oh what great qualities these will eventually turn into (I might be bald by then because I have days where I feel like I have pulled every strand of hair out of my head, not knowing what he is attempting to communicate with me or simply trying to guide him in the right direction) I am attempting with all of my strength to guide him and not limit that glorious spirit of his and to show him the proper ways to show frustrations. I am so blessed to be this little man's mom and I try every day to be a better mommy than I was the day before.










3 comments:

The Henry's said...

It is simply amazing the amount of independence our boys are practicing! I seriously cannot believe they are so close to two...he is adorable..I like his jersey! Where did you get it!?

Jocelyn said...

what a big little guy he is becoming! I love all the raider pics! Philip, Levi and I will be there for the Kansas game... hope to see you all tailgaiting!

The Kalivoda's said...

Boyer family I hope to catch up with you guys when you are in town for the game, I would love to meet sweet little Levi.
Henry family, I know, I cant believe they are almost 2, this year has just flown by. Thanks for the sweet comments. We got his jersey at Red Raider Outfitters.