Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh the 3s

Life lately with a 3 year old and nearly one year old has proven to be very noisy and full of life (and whining)  these days. I'll be honest, there have been a lot of days lately when I am completely ready to throw in the towel, call it quits, find a job outside of the home or simply pack my bags and run far far away (I kid, I kid).
Maddox is smack dab in the full of emotions, very opinionated, irrational and demanding, terrible 3s. He can be the sweetest most compassionate little boy one minute, running up to me giving me hugs and kisses and telling me "I love you to the moon and back"....then in a blink of an eye, his attitude and temperament can change and he transform into a ball of irrational emotions with the desire to flop his feet around and throw a whiney fit. It wears on my patience and my nerves so quickly. I love this little boy so much, but I tell you what, the good Lord blessed us with a super smart, boundary tester, strong willed, demanding and challenging little boy. I am reminded on a daily basis, that this little guy can and will some day conquer his entire world...whatever his world may be.  It is my job, my duty, as his mother to stay one step ahead of him and guide him to become the man that the Lord created him to be. The man that will challenge everything that is put in front of him to make sure it is accurate....to decipher how it works, and to test it in order to make sure it works properly.  The man that will never be content in any situation because he is eagerly awaiting what is next and trying to prepare for his next adventure.  The man that will bring light and energy to every room he enters and leave a lasting impression as he leaves.

I am constantly praying for guidance, more patience, and the ability to guide him without squishing that spirit of his.  I will be honest, I have been horrible at remaining patient and staying calm with this little ball of energy. I pray I can transform my usual habits and my instinct to loose my temper and find a way to guide this little boy with love, discipline and understanding.

No comments: