Wednesday, January 25, 2012

14 Weeks

14 weeks pregnant with Baby Voda #3

How Far Along: 14 weeks
Size of baby: almost 3 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1 ounce
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0 
Maternity Clothes: yes, they are much more comfy! I have one pair of maternity jeans that actually fit and I LOVE them.
Gender: We aren't sure yet. At the ultrasound today, they could not say for sure either way but they said they would lean more towards a GIRL!!!
Name: will decide when we know the gender
Movement: YES!! Such a beautiful feeling
Sleep: I have horrible insomnia. I just lay in bed for hours at night unable to fall asleep. yuck.
What I miss: Nothing really...sleep I guess
Cravings: nothing lately
Symptoms: bleeding and cramping.
Best Moment this week: Seeing this little miracle at our ultrasound today and hearing that everything looks great!! I also LOVE feeling this tiny babe flutter in my tummy.


We had an ultrasound today to monitor my bleeding and cramping. Everything looks perfect. The baby is right on track and is moving and developing beautifully. They still cannot determine why I continue to bleed, but everything is looking so good that they are not too concerned about it. They were unable to locate any blood clots or anything that could cause any possible problems.
 I was anxious to see if they could determine the gender of our blessed babe; however, they could not give us a definitive answer. The nice lady preforming the sonogram did say if she had to guess she would lean more towards a baby GIRL. Oh sweet music to my ears. We are blessed either way and this baby is already loved; however, the thought of having a daughter makes me excited. 
You would think with this being our 3rd pregnancy that the miracle of watching a baby develop in my tummy could possibly loose it's awe factor. That is definitely NOT the case. I am in constant awe at the fact that this tiny, 3 1/2 inch growing babe has ALL of it's fully functioning body parts. A fluttering, fully pumping heart. Kidneys that function. A brain that is developed enough to allow the baby to make various facial expressions. The ability to drink amniotic fluid and pee said fluid out. The ability to suck it's thumb. This miracle of life growing within me already brings me such joy!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on baby #3! I hope you get to buy lots of pink! I wish I hadn't gained any weight when I was 14 weeks!!!
Melissa Blackwell

The Kalivoda's said...

Oh thank you so very much Melissa!! I am super excited at just the thought at getting to buy all the fun, frilly pink stuff!!!
As far as weight goes, I have ALWAYS gained weight when I was pregnant with the boys. I have been more sick with this one so I am sure all my weight gaining will happen at one time. LOL.

Jocelyn said...

Congrats! I hope you are feeling well! How fun if your sweet boys end up with a baby sister to watch after :)