Tuesday, October 14, 2014

2, 4, 6

Life lately has been fast and furious. After school homework, basketball practice, soccer practice, Little Gym classes, church classes....running from here to there and everywhere. Everyone (except for momma) does better when we are busy. Less time to argue, more alone time and more exercise. It's all great for them, but I am worn out. I'm exhausted. I'm not sleeping well at night. I am grumpy. I am easily irritated and I don't like it one bit. They deserve better. They would get in so much trouble if they acted the way I behave toward them sometimes. I am praying The Lord hears my cries for rest. I am tired of being the one to figure out how to help pax adjust to every day life situations without having a total melt down. I am tired of putting out arguments between the boys. I'm tired of begging Maddox to be a kind big brother to Paxton. I'm tired of asking Harper to please stop whining, or to talk like a big girl. I am wiped out. I need to refresh. I need a fresh start with the kids. I want to enjoy them. They are amazing little people and I am so blinded by my own exhaustion that I let them forget how special they truly are. I want to take the time to snuggle, or read one more story or simply giggle with my precious trio. I want to slow down and realize they are only 2, 4, and 6 years old. Not everything has to be viewed as such a big deal. And I want to give myself a break. I am in the thick of raising a 2, 4 and 6 year old. You mention their ages to anyone and you receive the sympathetic grin as if they are saying "you must have your hands full". Yup. You betcha. I have my hands full. I need to give my self the chance to take a breather and ask for help. Help. I'm drowning with my 2, 4 and 6 year old. 
I need to remind myself of all the wonderful traits they each have and they all walk, dance, jump and twirl to the beat of their own drumb. 

Welp, how's that for an uplifting and fun post. Ha. Maybe tomorrow. 

No comments: