Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday

Dear Sweet One Year Old Maddox,
Hi there my sweet son and Happy Birthday to you!!! I cannot begin to describe what I am feeling right now, it is a mixture of the most proud I have ever felt, excitement to see what our future holds together, a little sadness to know that you are growing up so quickly and an overwhelming love for you! This past year has been amazing as I watch your personality grow and develop and as I, your mommy, adapted and grew into a mother. It has been so much fun to watch you learn new things and discover all the things you should and should not get into! I feel like in the last few weeks you have just taken off and are turning into a little man and not a baby! You walk so well and get into EVERYTHING!!! You love TV remotes, digital cameras, any type of cord, cell phones and anything with buttons to push (you are already just like your daddy) Your favorite toys right now are your airplane from Dusty and Auntie Sarah (it has mickey mouse on it, lots of buttons to push, and you can walk behind it or ride on it, you currently enjoy walking/running behind it), you love your curious George monkey from pop pop and nanny and your fabulous bath toys from Grammie! You sleep most nights from 8pm-7:30am as long as you can find your pacifier and raffie (I place at least 3 pacifiers in your crib at night so you can find one in the middle of the night) and you still take 2 naps..one at 10am and one at 2. You love bath time, in fact you love it so much that you get two a day!!! You hate when I have to put lotion on you (just like your daddy, trying to get him to wear sunscreen is nearly impossible) You love when we read together (I have to tell you, that is one of my favorite things we do together, I love to watch you get excited as we turn the pages) You are not a very big fan of adult food, you don't care for the texture of meat, but you certainly LOVE your soy milk. You are still allergic to milk, but you have adapted very well to taking Soy milk rather than Soy formula, you are doing fabulous with your sippy cup, but you still want your bottle before nap or bedtime. You adore your daddy and get the biggest smile on your face when he walks into a room, you love to wrestle with him and you love when he throws you in the air! You have recently learned to hug when we ask for a hug and you can stretch really big when was ask you to (precious) You wave hello and bye-bye, you can say Cracker (that was your first real word), momma, dadda, GO and you love to babble!!!!
I could go on and on, you are such a blessing little man! We love you more than words can describe and I am so excited to see what this year has in store for us!!!
Happy First Birthday Madd-Man!!!

I love you,
MOmmy

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Maddox!!! Such a precious post!! He can say cracker?? oh my gosh! that's so great!