Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Traveling Nomad

As I have mentioned before, Maddox is walking and getting into everything....I say "No Maddox" about a trillion times a day as I am trying to keep him off the TV or out of the fire place or not pulling the lamp down...you name, I have had to tell him no. I end up shortening it sometimes and it comes out "NO MAD" and it always makes me laugh because I think of a Nomad "a member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons" and at this time in our lives that is how I would sum up our precious son. He does not stay anywhere for more that 2 seconds and is always on the go looking for something to explore....I love it! I am exhausted and look forward to the much needed mommy time...aka NAP TIME!!! (oh by the way, he has transitioned beautifully to just one nap a day....he naps from 2-4 most of the time) I am looking forward to being able to venture out and do activities during the morning after April when cold/flu and RSV season is finished. We need something to make the time go by faster in the mornings since that nap has been removed. Over all he is doing great!!! He loves to follow me throughout the house, especially when I am cleaning, he wants to help and mimic what I am doing....it is hilarious! In fact, the other day, I had the vacuum out, it was unplugged and all the plug protectors where on all the plugs in the house.....he got the cord of the vacuum and walked it over to the socket and tried to plug it in himself (he couldn't of course because of the said plug protectors) but he knew which part went where and he was trying very hard to make it happen.
Today I was dusting and he thought that looked like fun, so he "stole" my swiffer duster and decided we needed to dust his crib

I need to utilize his help now because as he gets older he isn't going to think dusting is all that fun!!!

No comments: