Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bye Bye Bangs


Well it has pretty much been "business" as usual around here. Maddox is discovering new things everyday and picking up the pace with his walking skills. He has discovered how to run and he books it everywhere he goes...hands down by his side and everything. The last few days he has been so lovey to me...which if you KNOW my child, you know he does not like to cuddle or be held for any length of time, so this lovey time has been so precious to me. He'll walk up to me and hug my leg or my arm or anything he can get those chubby little arms around. So so sweet.


While he has been sweet and lovey towards me, the complete opposite has been expressed towards Brad...Maddox has been in terrible moods every time Brad is home (it is usually close to nap time or almost time for bed and Maddox is tired) and it makes me so sad. I am hoping things begin to slow down for Brad at work (well, at least when its after 6 and time for him to come home) so that he can spend more time with sweet Maddox rather than the terror that shows up when a nap is in order.

Yesterday Maddox had his first hair cut! He did GREAT. He sat in my lap like a big boy and played with a comb or the water bottle....my mom helped keep him entertained as well (thanks mom) His hair looks much better, he no longer has "bangs" which his daddy is thrilled about. It was a bitter sweet moment for me, because it was one more step into toddler-hood and away from baby! It is such a joy to watch him grow and get bigger everyday, but parts of me still want him to be a little baby......but this stage has been a lot of fun....exhausting and frustrating at times, but a lot of fun.





He is signing for "more" now and is doing great with that!!! We are working on "please" and "thank you" (he has to have good manners you know....screaming and grunting just won't cut it around here:) )
These next pictures are of Maddox "playing" the piano....we might just have a child prodigy on our hands..hahha (he was so gentle while playing...it was cute cute cute)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment on MckMama's blog and had to stop by...my little guy also had reflux and I really conneted with your profile.

Maddox is adorable and I can tell he keeps you very busy! Enjoy! It goes by sooooooo very fast...my Owen will be 2 next week and I still haven't figured out where the time went!

Thanks for the visit!

Unknown said...

Child prodigy i do believe so!!!!
XOXOXOX