Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Playing Catch Up

With a one year old, spirited, energetic, super fast little boy, it seems I find myself playing catch up all the time. I'm almost caught up with laundry, all the dishes are done, the bed sheets are changed, all the toys are put away, the bathrooms are cleaned, the floors are mopped....whew I am one tired lady!!!
Everything is going fine at the moment, Maddox is still our spirited young man with so much energy and running power!!! We have had nice weather the last few days, so he has had the chance to play outside and he loves that!!! He is still not talking very much, he babbles pretty often, but he is doing great with sign language. He learned "thank you" this weekend and it looks like he his blowing you a kiss. I am working on "bath" "play" and "drink" this week....I'll let you know when he masters those as well!!!
Last Friday, February 20th, was my mom's birthday!! We started the morning off with breakfast from Chick-fil-A, kameron, mollie, my granny, maddox and I all hung out at mom's house for the day, baked mom's red velvet birthday cake, enjoyed lunch together and just hung out. I made a shirt for Maddox to wear that day that said "I love my Grammie." My mom took Maddox in the house and was going to change his diaper, so she took his jacket off and there he was wearing that shirt and my mom was surprised. I told her "well, he can't say it yet, so I'll just have him wear it all day" (I think she liked the surprise)
That evening, the boys came over and we all ate fajitas and just spent time together as a family, I had a great time celebrating with my mom (thanks mom again for letting Maddox spend the night, so we could hang out with you longer)
Saturday, Brad's parents came into town. Gosh, it sure was great getting to see them!! Unfortunately they had to go home on Monday, it was hard to see them leave so quickly, but hopefully they can come visit in March and stay a little longer!!!
Brad, Maddox, and I are going to Ruidoso, NM on Sunday. We are needing a little vacation (3 days) and are looking forward to the time away as a family of 3.

Well, once again blogger is being difficult and won't let me post any pictures. I will try again later this evening!!!

No comments: