Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One year ago today I was admitted in the hospital to start the induction process to bring Mr. Maddox into the world. The original plan was to start the induction in the morning on January 7, 2008; however, when I called the hospital that morning, they informed me they were having a very busy and hectic morning and to call back in a few hours and they would let me know what time I should arrive. I called a few hours later and they informed my that one of the delivery nurses spoke to my doctor and he wanted me to come in that evening and they would start me on some medicine that would help me dilate through the night and they would begin the pitocin to help start the contractions in the morning of January 8, 2008. Looking back, I can definitely see the hand of God in that entire situation....I was blessed with such an easy labor and delivery.

It is so hard to believe it has already been a year since Brad and I took our very nervous steps into the room where I spent the night and later gave birth to our son! My heart is filled with such Joy right now as I remember how anxious, nervous and excited I was a year ago!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh! a year already????????

The Henry's said...

Isn't it crazy to think our babies are toddlers!? It's sad but so joyful too! Good luck on tomorrow- I was a happy wreck on his birthday! Hope all is well! :)