Monday, May 18, 2009

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This.....


Have you ever had one of those days that just seem to drag on and you wonder if at the end of the day if you will have a single strand of hair on your head?? Well today was one of those days. I do believe the terrible twos have entered our household early (now, I am not opposed to Maddox being "advanced" in any development, but I sure could have waited a lot longer to experience these "glorious" events on such a regular occurrence) God must have known we were going to have our hands full with our little man, because the sermon series at church right now is on "Raising Hellions" (it's about what we are called to do as parents and how disciplining our children is required of us) Gosh, it gets so hard to be consistent and to not let the little things slide by the end of the day, but luckily, with the help of my wonderful husband, we are standing strong, being consistent and hopefully we will begin to see better behavior soon (keeping our fingers crossed)We have begun the dreaded Time-Outs for one minute and those seem to work well.....I use that one minute with Maddox in the corner to pray for him and his behavior and for wisdom as a mommy (I had a LOT of one minute prayers today....poor baby, he was having a tough day, but he has to learn right from wrong and God placed us in charge of that task)
If you think about it today, please pray for Brad and I and our parenting....please pray we will continue to seek guidance from our Lord and that we will raise Maddox to be a kind, respectful, God-fearing young man who does NOT hit!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry for you. I am so glad you are on top of things early. We still struggle with being consistent. I love you!

The Kalivoda's said...

hey konni,
yeah, its been a tough few weeks with the constant crying and fit throwing and the hitting, but we are certain that God hears our cries for help and He will guide us (although giving up has entered my mind a few times...and this is only the beginning...heheheh)
thanks for laughing AND crying with us!!! miss you sweet konni!!!!

The Henry's said...

hey that sermon series hit hard for me because for some reason I thought Joshua really was to young to discipline, but I have learned that maybe that time-outs aren't working, so we have been spanking his hand... it is SOOOO hard to watch his precious face go from smile to frown in a matter of seconds... but I only wished time outs worked...so far this is working though!