Tuesday, May 5, 2009



Sorry I have not been as good at updating this blog lately. I have just had a hard time finding things to write about.....there has not been a whole lot going on, out of the ordinary, just living life, chasing Maddox, doing laundry, cooking dinner (sometimes..hahah, I am getting better at cooking most nights) going to the gym, cleaning bathrooms, wiping Maddox's runny nose for the 10,000th time, vacuuming the floor (I love the look of a freshly vacuumed house, something about it is so relaxing to me), watering the plants, feeding the dog, taking the dog to the groomer.....I guess you get the picture....our days are full from beginning to end, but there usually isn't much to write about that would be very interesting....oh but what a glorious life it is. I wouldn't change a thing about it....I love it all (well, maybe not the changing poopy diapers part..lol)


I guess the most interesting thing going on in our house is what Brad and I have been learning at church and attempting to apply to our lives. This past Sunday the sermon was about doubting God. Pastor Chris put everything into perspective for me when he said "I don't doubt that God exists or that Jesus rose from the grave, all those are pretty obvious. But sometimes I doubt that God can handle the future. Do you know what that is called? WORRY."
Worry is simply that, Doubting that God can handle the future. What a simple statement and yet how powerful and life changing it can be. Brad and I both are trying everyday to lay our worries about the future down at HIS feet and trust that He is in complete control. We are remembering all the things God has said through scripture and remembering all the things that God has DONE in the past.


As far as Maddox news goes, everything is peachy! He is teething like crazy (finally has all four molars for the most part) and has a little bit of a cough but the pedi seems to think he just has allergies so hopefully the allergy meds will help with that a little bit. We went to dinner this evening with my dad and Maddox just was not happy...we hurried to eat and got home (the car ride home was the loudest I have heard it in a while...poor baby was so tired and just didn't feel good) When we got home I checked his temperature and sure enough he had a little bit of a fever, nothing too high or anything, but you can just tell his little body is fighting something off right now! I am praying he sleeps well and wakes up in a great mood for our family day tomorrow!!! (Brad has been taking half days on wednedays!!!)


BIG prayer request! There is a link on the to the right on my blog at the bottom that says "Pray For Keith" Please check this out for me. He is a friend of our family that fell from a 7 story building several weeks ago, his wife is due with their first baby in 2 weeks and he is still in a coma and they are asking specific prayers for his brain swelling to go down and for Keith to wake up. Please pray that God heals this man completely. God has been so faithful to them and there have already been a multitude of miracles preformed through his life. Please check out their web site and keep him in your prayers!!!


Now for a trip down memory lane.......here is a picture our our precious boy one year ago today!!! WOW how much he has changed!!! I put a current picture below just so you can compare!!! Thank you Jesus for this blessing....our lives are forever changed and we are so thankful!!!

1 comment:

Monica Curry said...

isn't it amazing what a year can do! he is precious! i think once school is out and i am officially a "stay at home mommy"..we should get together! I'd love to get to know you better and i think our boys would be fast friends! have a great week!