Friday, April 16, 2010

Random Rambling

Here is a little bit of what has been going on in our world these days...I must warn you, it is pretty random! rambling

Maddox will now say his prayers before bedtime....they generally sound like this:
"Thank you Momma. Thank you Paxton. Thank you brother. Thank you Daddy. Thank you bed. Amen."
Oh it is the joy of my day to hear him say his prayers in his sweetest little boy voice!!

Maddox can almost say the entire alphabet...he still needs a little guidance with a few of the letters, but when HE wants to, he most certainly can say the entire thing in English and the last four or five letters in the Greek alphabet as well (when I was in the 4th grade we had to learn the Greek alphabet and I still remember it...he thinks it is hilarious, so he asks for the "other alphabet" constantly and he will giggle the entire time until the last few letters, then he says them with me...so funny)

He has become very interested in my tummy and baby Paxton and wants to feel it and talk to him pretty regularly. He has felt Paxton kick and roll and he thought that was pretty funny...I am so thankful that he is so interested in his little brother already!

Maddox always wants to help pick things out for baby brother...paci's, blankets, toys. He will randomly take a toy of his and put it in Paxton's crib so it will be "ready" for him!! So cute!! I just know Maddox is going to make a great big brother!! I am so excited to watch their relationship grow!!

Our bags are packed for the hospital.

Maddox's bags are packed to stay with Aunt Kam, Uncle Jason and Mollie when Paxton is born.
We are about as ready as we are going to get for this little one to arrive!

I know our world is about to turn upside down as we have another baby in the house, but I am so excited, nervous, anxious, and all around just ready to start this new journey!!

Brad is the most amazing husband in the world. So supportive, kind, smart, generous, funny, spirited and hard working. He has helped me so much during this LONG pregnancy....I know it has to be exhausting for him to work all day then come home and have to help me around the house, but I have yet to hear him complain a single time.

I wonder every night if it is the last night I am bathing ONE child, putting ONE little boy to bed and if it is the last night Maddox is an only child.

Maddox is getting sweeter and sweeter everyday. He is at a great spot these days...he understands what the schedule is, what the expectations are and he is able to communicate his needs/wants/desires to us relatively efficiently; thus the frustration of the 2 year old stage is minimal. He loves to help me, play, read, and enjoys playing by himself for a little while. I am praying the Lord will guide me on how to help him feel loved, welcomed and secure as his little world is about to be rocked as he goes from only child to big brother.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

looks like things are going well and you are ready...can't wait to see this new little boy!