Friday, May 28, 2010

Don't Stop This Train





Paxton has had a very difficult time nursing this week...he just could not latch on properly and he was getting frustrated, I was getting frustrated and it was taking a good hour just to get a pretty crummy feeding in. Plus I still have a very active and attention needing two year old whom I felt I was neglecting trying to get his baby brother to eat. I guess it is all just a part of the journey.

With this new frustration among us, I decided to try Paxton on a bottle to see if he could eat better. He has been eating much better, it has been easier on me and I feel like I still get to spend time with my spirited two year old!! Oh boy, the formula...I guess THAT is now a part of our journey.

With the new found formula, I am also pumping some throughout the day so little P can still get at least some breast milk. Maddox finds pumping absolutely fascinating and now he desires to tell EVERYONE we come in contact with that "Mommy pump her milk" (this is accompanied with hand movements and his attempt to lift up his shirt) Oh the embarrassment, but I guess it is all part of the journey!

My hands are full, I am occasionally covered in spit up. I have to maintain proper discipline for our growing, learning, active two year old. There is always laundry to be washed, dried, folded or put away. I have almost killed our fish (sorry fishy). The house is full of toys. My patience tested to the max. My heart is full of love, my arms made for hugs, my lips made for kissing boo-boo's, my voice made for singing lullabies, my eyes for reading stories and at the end of the day I know this journey was made for me when I hear the simple phrase "I love you Mommy"

Here's to the journey and I think John Mayer sang it best:

"Don't stop this train. Don't for a minute change the place you're in. Don't think I couldn't ever understand. I tried my hand, honestly we'll never stop this train."


1 comment:

Morgan said...

Im sorry things are a little stressful :( Thats good your still going to pump though. I have since Kimi was 2 weeks old to start my supply up for when I go back to work next week. Hang in there cause one day you will realize there is a routine and everything starts going smoothly.
Your boys are the cutest things. I have your names done and I was going to see when a good time was to drop them off instead of mailing. My email pinkmiller83@gmail.com let me know when a good time is. Im available Sundays and Wednesdays :)