Monday, May 17, 2010

Random Rambling

You know you live in windy windy west Texas when your 2 year old son sees an American flag NOT blowing in the wind and in his most concerned voice says "Momma, it's broken" (there is very rarely a day that the wind is not blowing those precious American flags)

I was given accurate directions on how to get to our house from our super smart 2 year old! "Turn left. Now turn right. Turn right again...." How did he get so smart so quickly...must be from his daddy :)

I am a little sad that Paxton's newborn clothes are starting to actually fit him...that means he is growing up already.

I got Maddox a new movie to take with us when we travel, only to find out when I got it home and unwrapped it is a Special Edition....the "special" part is that it is only in Spanish. What the heck!?!

While taking both boys on a few errands the other day, I had to call Brad at work because I couldn't figure out how to get Paxton's car seat unlocked from the new stroller!! Thanks Brad for your help over the phone!!
Paxton will be one month old next week...is that really possible. I cannot believe one month has passed already...time is going by so quickly.

Maddox has recently picked up on a few not so pleasant words....yikes.

Paxton is finally taking to a pacifier...this is bittersweet. I don't want to have to break him of this habit down the road, but it is definitely helping him not think he is so hungry in the evening times and helps soothe him to sleep a little easier!

Maddox is loving playing in his room lately and has taken a huge liking to Barney. (I always swore I would not let my kid watch Barney...but man, my kid is fascinated with that huge purple dinosaur and I like that he teaches manners, sharing, cleaning up, and how to be nice to our friends. Thank you annoying sounding, purple dinosaur,  you provide my son with entertainment when my hands are very much full caring for the newborn little guy)

Paxton can still NOT lay flat on his back without severely spitting up....oh sweet swing how we love you!!

Paxton's umbilical cord stump fell off yesterday....hello bath time.

This life with two young babies is hard, rewarding, messy, funny, and the sweetest thing I have ever experienced

1 comment:

Kameron and Jason Fellers said...

Sorry about the spitting up thing :o( Unfortunately, I know where you are coming from! Call if you need any moral support on handling vomit or need to borrow any of our girly bibs!!