Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sweet Conversation

Yesterday I had the sweetest conversation with Maddox.
Here's how it went:

Maddox: "Oh Momma, I'm gonna be late for my gate"
Me: "You're gonna be late for what?"
Maddox "My gate"
Me: "I'm not sure what you are talking about sweetie....do you mean you'll be late for a date?"
Maddox: "Yes momma. You've made me late for my date!!"
Me: "Oh, so sorry.....ummmm...who are you going on a date with Hun?"
Maddox: "With Aunt Sarah....we will go eat dinner then come back. Don't worry mommy, I will come tell you good night when I get home."
Me: "Oh my....well, where are you going to take Aunt Sarah for dinner?"
Maddox: "To that burrito place....that's her favorite place."
(he was referring to Chipotle...which is Sarah's favorite place to eat when she is in town)

After that sweet conversation, we called Aunt Sarah and began to plan their date. I tell ya what....Maddox is going to be quiet the catch someday. He certainly knows how to sweet talk some one...he has the sweetest heart (when he's not being ornery) and he is clearly observant to what others like; however, I'm not sure his date would be able to get a word in edgewise with his non stop, once sided conversation tactics. It sure is a good thing we have about 20 years to work on that!!! You sure are cute little man, but don't you go growing up on me too quickly!

No comments: