Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I cannot believe we are celebrating Bradley and his 4th Fathers Day this weekend. I know I say this all the time, but the day we found out we were expecting our first little boy still seems so near and fresh...surely we are not half way through the year and getting closer to celebrating our eldest's 4th birthday!!
I think one of the best parts about becoming a mom, is the ability to watch my husband transform into a Dad. One of my favorite times of day is right when Brad gets home from work and he leaves "work Brad" at the door and walks through the front door as "Daddy". Oh my, the boys get so excited when he gets home, they both start talking (well, Paxton just kind of squeals and grunts) about a mile a minute and the noise and excitement level in our home goes through the roof. 
I love how Brad has the amazing ability to always see the big picture in life and the future for our boys. I will never forget the day we found out our first little one was going to be a boy. Of course Brad was super excited, but then he got really quiet and began acting nervous-like. He began to tell me, with tears in his eyes, that he now has the job of teaching a little one how to become a man! Now, I am sure there were visions in his mind of playing sports, racing cars and all the craziness that comes with raising boys, but I love that his first reaction was not what he was going to play with our child, but how he was going to RAISE our child. 
Brad brings so much fun and entertainment to our young boys, but he also brings firm discipline a heart for the Lord and the desire to teach the boys to become strong, smart, level headed, determined, respectful, hard working, and energetic MEN!
Brad, you are such an amazing dad and I fall in love with you more everyday as I watch you with the boys. I am proud of the man and the dad that you are becoming and I am constantly learning from you. Thank you for all your work and dedication to our family. We are so blessed.



 These boys sure do love their DAD




Just for giggles, here is a picture from Father's Day last year. Wow what a difference a year makes!

No comments: