Friday, December 18, 2009

Instincts

Well here is a little background information about this past week. I would love to have nice, fun, uplifting things to say about our dear son; unfortunately, Maddox has been outstandingly fussy, and I simply assumed the terrible twos just came up from the ground and slapped us right in the face. He would not listen, had a hard time minding and time out and other consequences have taken up the majority of our time. Yesterday evening I had a breakdown and just started crying...I thought, how on earth am I going to manage this little boy who is testing all of my patience and draining every ounce of energy from me and add another baby to the mix. I know Maddox is strong willed but this is like nothing we have experienced yet. Well, last night, he was up a few times; therefore, I had some time to think and I finally decided to take him to the doctor to just make sure there was not anything medically causing him to act so fussy and disobedient (there were no other clues that he was not feeling well). I am glad I trusted my instincts and took him to the doctor today because he does in fact have an ear infection in his left little ear. I am praying the antibiotics will kick in soon and we will have our listening, obedient, hilarious and strong willed big boy back in no time!!

3 comments:

lovelyladycakes said...

you are a great mommie...
get to feeling better maddox...

Kameron and Jason Fellers said...

Poor little guy, and poor little mommy! Hope you're both feeling better soon. And way to trust your instincts! See, you're going to be a GREAT mommy to two little ones! Let me know if you need anything :o)

Morgan said...

Aww poor little guy :( Don't worry..I have break downs like that all the time in the bathroom with the faucet running asking God why am I such a bad mom for not being able to read my girls' minds...but I know that I am being the best mom God wants me to be and he will give me strength. Ill pray for some peace and guidience from God. Your a GREAT MOM!!