Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paxton Update

We had an ultrasound and doctors appointment on Wednesday to take a little peek at little Paxton. The ultrasound went well....Paxton is relatively active (I say "relatively" because he is not nearly as active as Maddox was in the womb, but he is certainly moving around plenty and loves to kick my ribs with those precious feet of his...although, it's not as precious in the middle of the night when I get a strong kick in the rib cage..lol). However, he has dropped a little in size (he was in the 43rd percentile last ultrasound in January and he is now in the 23rd percentile) therefore, we will have another ultrasound in April to just make sure he is growing properly. I asked our doctor how concerned I needed to be about this and she calmed my nerves and said as long as he continues to gain about a half a pound a week from now until I deliever, he will be about the size Maddox was (7lbs4oz) which is great. If he were to stay in the 43rd percentile we are looking at a 10 pound baby....can we say OUCH!!! They just want to make sure he does not drop down any further in percentile...if he does, they will start monitoring the plecenta and other areas to make sure he is getting all the nourishment he needs. Once again, we are so thankful for a healthy, growing, little one and we continue to pray that this pregnancy goes smoothly..it sure has been different and has given us a lot more to "monitor".
Great news though...the doctor said everything is looking good and my body is hanging in there; therefore, I get to go to San Diego with my boys....ahhh..I am so excited and thankful for a wonderful opportunity for one last trip, the 3 of us (with GiGi and Papa of course) before the little one arrives!!!

No comments: