Friday, March 26, 2010

Paxton Update

We had another routine Doctor's visit on Wednesday for Mr. Paxton. His heartbeat sounded great...in the 150's...my weight gain and blood pressure all look fine. They measured my uterus to see if the baby is growing on target (they can measure from the top of my pelvis to the top of my uterus and it should match up in centimeters as to how far along we are....we were almost 33 weeks, so it should measure 33cm) This trick is how they used to do it "back in the day" to just make sure everything was matching up...before they had all the fancy ultrasound machines and such. So far in this pregnancy as well as with Maddox, I have matched up cm/week perfectly...to the 'T'. However, this time, little Paxton was only measuring at about 31cm...this is nothing to be alarmed about...the Doctor said as long as it is within 2 cm or so, they aren't at all concerned about it. Well, of course, my mind is a little concerned simply because at our last ultrasound they were mildly concerned that he was not growing as quickly.....we will wait for our ultrasound on April 12th and they will make sure he is growing strong and healthy (which I am sure he is....he is just giving me a little bit of a break and not making it to the 10 pound mark and for that I am grateful..haha)
Exciting news as well...I asked our Doctor about inducing with this little one (as most of you know I am a "planner" and with a 2 year old added in the mix, if I could have a little bit of "control" on this situation, it would make things much easier) She said, she had no problem inducing since everything went fine with Maddox and my body has already proven itself. Therefore, we are looking at around May 5, 2010 to have this little one...unless I go into to labor naturally, on my own before then (which, my dear friend Sarah believes is what is going to happen). It is a very strange feeling to have a date picked to plan for this little one..I pray we make it to that day, I can be induced, everything goes smoothly and we have a safe and healthy deli every with a super healthy baby boy!!!

No comments: