Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not So Worldess Wednesday

148....can you guess the significance of this number?? Could it be the number of days until Maddox is a year old? Nope, that's not it, in fact Maddox turns a year old in just 73 days (insert mommy cliche here...."where has the time gone?" gosh I cannot believe I will have a one year old walking around here so quickly)
Could 148 be the number of times in one day that I had to tell Maddox "no" because he was attempting to climb on our television? Nope, that is also incorrect; however, I do believe that would be a close guess to the number of times the smallest of words trickles out of my mouth in any give day.
Okay, I will give you a hint...what if I type the number as 1:48. Does that help?? Well it is actually 1:48am and that would be the exact time Maddox has woken up the past 3 night. Not at 1:47, or 1:49, it is precisely 1:48am. He wakes up sobbing, sitting in his crib, eyes closed and practically inconsolable. He has been off his schedule for a few weeks now because he was sick and we traveled...it has been a little difficult to regulate him back to the routine. When he had the tummy bug I had to feed him in the middle of the night because he simply was not eating nearly enough during the day. I have discovered that our little one is a creature of habit and longs for routine and consistency....aren't we all though. If I were to say what one of the hardest parts of becoming a stay at home mother for me it would have to be the inconsistency of everyday and not having a definite routine. Now don't get me wrong, I attempt to do the same "big" things with Maddox everyday (breakfast, playtime, bath, book, bottle, nap, lunch, playtime, nap, reading time, dinner, family time, bath, book, bottle, bed, and repeat) However, what occurs during those times of wakefulness are often very different, Maddox's temperament is different everyday, and the lenght of naps vary from day to day. It is very different from when I worked and had to be somewhere everyday at the same time, did practically the same thing everyday and I knew where I'd be at almost any given point. I could plan, schedule and very little was left up to "fate" or in my case now the needs or desires of my little 9 month old. I am very blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with Maddox and I am constantly learning to go with the flow which is completely out of my nature. I am learning to enjoy the simple things in life and focus on Maddox and help him learn, discover, play and enjoy the most out of everyday!!! I knew as a parent I would be constantly teaching a little one, but I never could have imagined how much my son would teach me on a daily basis.



No comments: