Monday, October 27, 2008

Strength with Come as I wait upon the Lord

Another weekend has come and gone and the beginning of the week is upon us. We had another wonderful weekend though....Friday evening we were able to have dinner with an old friend and it sure was nice to catch up even though it was only about an hour or so. Saturday Maddox and I went to watch the Tech game and Grammy's house (thanks for having us over mom) we had a wonderful time with Aunt Carol, Aunt Kam and Uncle J and Grammy of course!!! It didn't hurt any that Tech knocked the pants right off of Kansas!!!! Grammy and Pawpaw kept Maddox over night and Brad and I were able to enjoy a nice evening, going on a date and spending some time together. We are very blessed to have such amazing family whether here or there or anywhere that love us and Maddox so much and bless our lives on a daily basis! Sunday morning Brad and I went to church, it was very helpful that my mom kept Maddox for us because I wanted to give him another week of being completely healthy before placing him in an environment where he can catch a bug so easily! We spent the rest of the day Sunday as a family of 3 and enjoyed every minute of it.
Ok, so there was what we did this weekend and here is what I learned this weekend. While worshiping at church through singing, some lyrics of a song said "Strength will come when we wait upon the Lord." I have heard this song many times before, but these particular lyrics hit my heart at its core. These past 9 months have been the hardest (yet most rewarding) 9 months of my life thus far, as I desperately seek to find the way to parent and meet Maddox's needs in a world that I am completely clueless in. There have been many many many sleepless nights, when I could not get Maddox to sleep and there was no way to comfort him, and I would cry out to God to help me and often wondered what He was trying to teach me because it didn't seem like He was ever going to answer my prayers (however, the last week Maddox has sleept through the entire night for 5 nights in a row....way to go little man!!!) Although now I can already see an increase in my patience level and the ability to find joy in the small things, what I truly believe the Lord was teaching me was STRENGTH. I am constantly learing the God never leaves us and he always hears my cries even when I don't get an immediate answer. My strength will come as I wait upon the Lord, I will wait upon the Lord.


The girls: Me, Aunt Kam (and cousin Mollie Michelle) and Aunt Carol


The boys: Uncle J and Maddox playing outside


Me, Uncle J and Maddox


Maddox and Unlce J ringing the bell when Tech scored (they had to ring that bell A LOT on Saturday....GO TECH!!!)


Pawpaw and Maddox


Bradley and Maddox Bradley

No comments: