Friday, January 15, 2010

Big Brother

Wow, I am amazed at how much I have to blog about and just can't find the ability to get my thoughts together enough to blog about it. I need to post about Grandma and Grandpa Voda visiting and Maddox 2nd birthday party....soon, I promise!!!
This week has been a great week...Maddox has done so well listening and minding. He has been so funny and lovey...I have truly cherished the time with my big boy this week. I wanted to get it written down so I can look back when I have a week that is not so great (I mean, it is bound to happen, I am pregnant and raising a 2 year old BOY...hhahah)
We are trying to get Maddox somewhat "used" to the idea of having a baby brother and it is so precious to watch him try to grasp on to what we are talking about. Every night when Brad puts Maddox to bed, they talk about how Maddox is sleeping in HIS big boy bed and the crib that is in the corner is baby Paxton's bed (oh yes, that is what this little guy's name is by the way Paxton James Kalivoda) SO, now Maddox will say "this Maddox bed" "there Paxton bed" oh it is so cute to hear it come out of that sweet innocent voice of his. Maddox also "knows" that Paxton is in Mommy's belly, but sometimes he forgets and thinks that he might be in Daddy's belly too..hahha! We cleaned out Maddox's closet to move baby toys to Paxton's room and make room for all the loot Maddox received at his birthday party...Maddox was such a big help and kept taking things to Paxton's room for me! And, every now and then out of no where Maddox will look at me and say "Big Brother" oh its too cute. I cannot wait to watch him transition into the big brother role, I know he will be a great one!
Well, I apologize for just going on and on, I just wanted to get some of this written down for our own memories!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

your blog looks so cute! I love the picture of Maddox at the top!