Thursday, February 9, 2012

16 weeks

The growing little one is now 16 weeks and the size of an avocado! At this point our bundle has tiny bones forming in its ears meaning he/she can pick up and listen to our voices! Eyebrows, lashes and hair are filling in and those tiny little taste buds are forming!
At our doctor's appointment this week the little one's heart beat sounded beautifully. It was beating at approximately 166 (both boys were in the 140's....does this mean our little one is possibly a girl....who knows!!!)


How Far Along: 16 weeks
Size of baby: almost 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounce
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +2 pounds
Maternity Clothes: yes, they are much more comfy! I have one pair of maternity jeans that actually fit and I LOVE them. Sadly, I have felt under the weather this week, so my 'yoga' pants are my clothing of choice (sorry Brad)
Gender: We aren't sure yet. Heart beat makes you think it could be a girl
Name: will decide when we know the gender
Movement: YES!! Such a beautiful feeling
Sleep: I have had a few nights this week where I actually have had solid sleep. Yippee
What I miss: My old clothes (but so thankful that this tummy is growing with a purpose)
Cravings: nothing lately
Symptoms: bleeding and cramping.
Best moment this week: Listening to our babe's heartbeat and gaining peace of mind that our little one is growing on track!

Paxton holding the 'babe'
Hmmm. Could this possibly be Paxton's true feelings about the new baby.  No buddy, you can't bite the babe!! Haha
.

No comments: