Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paxton's Speech

It has been a while since I have posted on Paxton's speech progress. He is definitely making great strides as far as talking goes. Most of the time his language is in fact HIS own. It is hard to comprehend or decipher; however, the simple fact that he is making consistent noises and attempting to put words together is a huge step in the right direction.

At 21 months he currently says:
Mommy
Daddy
uh-o
owie
boppie (Passi)
mu (milk)
eese (cheese)
Car
Ball
cracker
ice (rice)
ieee (ice)
oon (spoon)
jo-jo (our dog Jovee)
Manny (Maddox)
ool (School)
woody (Woody..meaning he wants to watch Toy Story)
Show (wanting to watch TV)
Block
hip (chip)
urtle (turtle)

It is funny that he can say several words, but he leaves off the first portion of each word. I am working on making sure he watches our mouths while we talk. I know that I have a tendency to mumble which may be making it difficult for him to recognize the first sounds of the words.
We are so proud of the progress he is making and his growing desire to verbally express himself. Continue to good work sweet P.

On another Paxton related note, he has recently started showing interest in going potty on the big boy potty! In fact, he has gone poo-poo on the potty 4 times now and one of those he came to me and pointed at his little bottom and walked me to the bathroom. WOW. Way to go little guy. I do not think we are ready to tackle potty training at this point, I would like for him to be a little further along verbally; however, it is fantastic that he is showing interest and I will continue to take him and make it a stress free learning time for him. I think I want to wait and do it when he is a little older like we did with Maddox. We had NO problems getting Maddox potty trained and I would be so blessed if we had the same experience with Paxton as well!!

Well, there you have it, a little update on the day to day life of Paxton James!!

No comments: