Tuesday, February 28, 2012

19 Weeks

How Far Along: 19 weeks
Size of baby: about 5 1/2 inches and 7 ounces
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +5 pounds 
Maternity Clothes: Yes for the most part; however, the baby bump is getting higher and some of my non maternity jeans fit perfectly under the bump and are surprisingly more comfortable than my maternity jeans (I am certain my time is limited with this new found wardrobe)
Gender: We should find out tomorrow!! Praying the babe cooperates
Name: I have a girl name that I love and I think I may have picked a boy name.
Movement: YES!! The movements are still subtle and sweet feeling. I am soaking it up right now where the movements are not painful :)
Sleep: I still struggle to fall asleep and I am getting up a few times a night to go to the bathroom, but when I am asleep, I am sleeping ROCK hard!
What I miss: an occasional adult beverage
Cravings: fruit, carrots, cucumbers
Symptoms: No bleeding this week!! However, contractions have started. Anxious to talk to the doctor about it tomorrow.
Best moment this week: Excited to find out the gender of this growing babe and receive the reassurance that everything is looking beautifully!


Our growing Babe is now the size of a mango! It is interesting to learn that the nerves that connect the muscles to the baby's brain have grown into place, making any movement from our sweet babe is consciously directed!! It is amazing that this tiny little miracle is now moving with a purpose!!  The baby's ears stand out from the sides of his/her head and the buds for the permanent teeth appear this week. So much growing going on!!

Here are the boys holding our little mango!



No comments: