Thursday, February 18, 2010

Embrace the Fun

I will be honest, this has been one of the toughest weeks I have experienced as a mom. Watching and listening to Maddox hack and at times struggle to catch his breath is so heartbreaking (fortunately he seems to be doing better and I am not nearly as concerned about him during the middle of the night). Unfortunately, the medicine that he started taking in his breathing treatments made him absolutely CRAZY. His little body was shaking a little, his heart was racing, he was super super cranky and very feisty (throwing things, yelling, screaming...just a crazy person) I called the pediatrician to see if there was anything I could do and they gave us different meds for him....ahhh...thankfully he seems to be doing MUCH better on the new meds!!!
Ah, you put the stress of a CRAZY 2 year old on top of my tired, huge pregnant body and it has been an exhausting week. I am so thankful for my sweet husband who has been so patient with ME and my sweet mother who has been so kind bringing us dinner and a treat during the day. I honestly do not know what I would do without such a supportive husband and mom!! Thank you guys so much!!
Today I am embracing the cabin fever fun, trying to find new games or dances for Maddox and I and simply making the best of the day....after all, this is the day the Lord has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it (even during temper tantrums, cranky fits and the crazy "logic" of a very opinionated 2 year old hahah....we are so blessed and I have to remember that during this time when he does not feel well, he is also wanting a ton of hugs, kisses and cuddle time...what more could a momma need!!!) Thank you Jesus for a healthy family and your gentle reminders to be thankful in all circumstances!


Here is the crazy boy sporting Mr Potato Head's glasses, Dinosaur PJ's and one Elmo slipper!

1 comment:

Dustin & Kate said...

Oh gosh! You have had it rough lately! Hang in there, girl - This too shall pass! And you have a great attitude. :) Cute pics. Love the little glasses and cute poses. :)