Saturday, February 27, 2010

Random

Last week my mom celebrated her birthday, unfortunately Maddox was still so ill with RSV that we were not able to attend the big birthday celebration; therefore, Maddox and I brought her breakfast the morning of her birthday and wished her a happy day!! I tried to get a video of Maddox telling her "Happy Birthday" but I did not have much luck...here is the best I got mom...sorry! hahah!!

Happy Birthday GiGi



Also, last week Maddox and I were blessed with a great visit from my great friend Sarah. She came down and stayed with us Saturday evening and we were super sad to see her leave Sunday (our hubbies were out of town hunting, so we had some good girl chats and she helped me take care of the Madd-man). I love when Sarah comes to visit, but it sure does make me miss her even more when she leaves! Love ya sweet Sarah!! (Maddox still asks where you are and reminds me that Dusty was out of town with Daddy...he makes sure I am aware of this on a daily basis..hahah)


And finally, last night we had the opportunity to eat dinner with our good friends Jason, Tara and their little boy Spencer. Maddox and Spencer have become great friends and they often ask about each other throughout the week. It is so much fun to watch the two of them interact, mimic and laugh with each other. They are two silly boys and I am so happy they are friends (Tara and I have been friends since the 8th grade and it is still hard for me to believe OUR kids are now hanging out...boy how things have changed since the 8th grade..hhahah) I am also excited because Jason and Tara are expecting their 2nd little one at the end of July...so our little ones can hang out as well.

Here are the best two pictures I could get of the boys...hahha...I have no idea what face Maddox is making, but it sure does make me laugh!!


 
And finally, in baby Paxton news, we are now 29 along and we are both getting bigger and bigger by the day!! Paxton's brain can now control his breathing and body temperature. He can also cough, and his sucking abilities have been perfected. Paxton's skin is looking less wrinkled as he continues to pack on the pounds; thus, he's starting to look more like a Pampers model and less like a Depends model. He's now beefing up on the energizing and insulating white fat he'll be born with (unfortunately, white fat is not energizing and insulating for adults!). And speaking of energy, the little Energizer Bunny is on fire these days nights....I definetly feel my share of kicks, punches and elbows, especially when I'm lying down. This week Paxton is a little over 15 inches long—about the length of a loaf of bread—and weighs about 3 pounds, as much as a Macbook Air laptop.
As far as the pregnancy is concerned, everything seems to be going okay. We had an appointment on Monday and the heart beat sounded strong and my body seems to be accomodating this little guy pretty well. I am still having contractions from time to time and having to increase the amount of medicine I take to cease the very frustrating contractions...I am very thankful the medicine does its job and is helping my body house Paxton until he is full term (I am getting very tired of having to dang the meds though....they make my heart race and my body gets super jittery...but once again, I will do whatever it takes to make a good "home" for this little guy). We are getting more and more excited to meet this little man and to watch our family transition from 3 to 4.


No comments: