Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yesterday

Do you ever have one of those mornings when the day gets started and you just KNOW it is going to be "one of those days" Well, that would describe the day we had YESTERDAY. Maddox woke up in a pretty testy mood and threw and full blown fit over his breakfast choices and continued to whine, cry, yell, anything until this momma felt like she was going to loose her ever loving mind. In the midst of the fit throwing, I decided it would be better for the BOTH of us if we got out of the house for a little while and went to P-L-A-Y (you don't think I actually ever say that word out loud do you?? Do you know how excited he gets over the idea of going to a playground?? That word is always spelled until we are in the parking lot, unloading and heading inside...there is no turning back if he knows we were even considering going to P-L-A-Y somewhere) so in the midst of the fit throwing, I got myself ready, managed to calm him down enough to get him dressed and loaded in the car. Ahh, it was a success....he loved the mall playground as usual, it was a great diversion from whatever was going on in his little body that morning, and it allowed me the time, to watch my sweet 2 year old play and regain my affirmation for the little man (I kid, I kid, I always LOVE my child, there are just times when I do not LOVE his attitude or the temper tantrums) Brad called while we were playing and he was working close to the mall that day; therefore, we loaded up and brought Daddy some lunch! Maddox did great at the office, ate his lunch like a big boy and used his manners!! Now it was off for a much needed nap (for ME of course..well, I suppose, HE enjoyed his nap as well). He woke up from nap in a good mood, we played, we colored, we called daddy on the phone....then the flood gates opened and all the evening quickly progressed to a CRAZY fit throwing, whining, upset mess! I do not know what triggered the meltdown, but it was a good one! I suppose the little man was hungry because while dinner was cooking and I was changing out a load of laundry, I heard Maddox in the kitchen getting a spoon and a bowl out of the drawer....he brought it to me and I knew he was ready to eat. I put his dinner in the bowl he brought me and he eagerly ate his dinner (as long as I never left his sight) and all was well especially when daddy got home. Ahhh...I love when Daddy gets home...my best friend is here, I have someone to laugh with, and there is a distraction for Maddox!! We even loaded up for an ice cream run for momma and everything was great. We put Maddox in the bath, he was playing very well, I went to get his towel, I heard him grunting, I ran back to the bathroom, I asked if he was pooping, he responded "YES", but I was too late, he pooped in the bathtub. Ahh, perfect. So Brad got him out and dried off, I fished for poop out of the tub, bleached the tub and all the toys. Ahh, now it is time for bed. Jammies on, Raffie in hand, Jesus Book ready to read....Maddox tells me goodnight and he and Brad read and get ready for bed while I go do the dinner dishes. I walk in the kitchen, trip over the dogs water bowl (a green plastic bowl identical to the ones Maddox eats out of) and look for the dogs food bowl...the purple bowl, identical to the ones Maddox eats out of....and then it hits me. Maddox brought me a purple bowl and a spoon when he was ready for dinner...it was NOT a bowl out of the drawer, it was our dog's food bowl. Really...are you serious...how could I have been so clueless as to what bowl he brought me....I mean, there had been temper tantrums galore and I was about to loose my mind, but seriously...I KNOW that our dog eats out of a purple bowl and we only have ONE purple bowl...but I did not think anything about it and I let my child eat his dinner out of his beloved puppy's food dish (teach me to let our dog eat out of one of Maddox's food dishes)
Ahhh....YESTERDAY makes me very thankful for TODAY!!!

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

That made me lol.

Kameron and Jason Fellers said...

Oh my goodness! I hope today is much better for you! Sounds like "Lacye and the terrible, horrible, no good very bad day" hehe

lovelyladycakes said...

HAHA! Thats so funny how kidos are. They really are mini humans at such a young age, and they really baffle us at how smart they really are. And when they are hungry they don't care what they eat out of as long as they get it..LOL... love your son!!

Jocelyn said...

hahahaha....oh my goodness what a day, but that is a story I am sure you will tell again and again to maddox in the future! so funny. just shows how resiliant little boys can be! Hope the next day was better :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love you so much. Your attitude and outlook are so amazing.

The Kalivoda's said...

Thank you guys so much...hahah..it was a very intersting day that now seems like FOREVER ago and it hasnt even been a week. Thanks for letting me share with you guys and laughing along with me