Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feeling the Love

I certainly felt loved and cared for this Valentine's Day. Normally, Brad and I do not make a "big deal" about the heart filled, red and pink colored, rose giving, card sending, affection showing holiday. We simply feel we should be showing each other how much we care about one another on a regular basis. However, my mom offered to watch Maddox for us on Friday evening so Brad and I could have a night on the town. We certainly took her up on this offer (we realize our nights out are going to be few and far between in the near near future). Brad and I planned to go to dinner to our favorite place, Texas Roadhouse...and I figured that would be about it and I was perfectly fine with that...I was simply looking forward to a dinner where I was able to eat my food and carry on a conversation with Brad that was not constantly interrupted with gentle reminders to a certain 2 year old to use his manners.

Well, when Brad got home from work on Friday evening, he came inside, changed his clothes, then proceeded out the door to "pick me up" for our date. He had me answer the door and there he was, standing with beautiful bouquet of beautiful flowers. I was very surprised and felt very loved. He then surprised me with movie tickets to see "Valentines Day" He had known I was interested in seeing this movie and I was very excited! We went to the movie then to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was a great evening...filled with laughter and the joy of being together.

Sunday, on the official Valentine's Day, we took the Madd-man to breakfast and enjoyed the day as a family. I certainly love my boys and I am getting more and more excited about adding another little man to the mix!!


Maddox Update:

Maddox is doing very well with his breathing treatments and is showing us how big he really is. I am so proud of him as he sits as patiently as he can for 15 minutes with a mask on his face (those of you who know Maddox, you know how much he hates to have anything touching his face and he hates to the feeling that he is tied down at all). His cough still sounds horrible and he sometimes has a hard time catching his breath, but we are praying he feels better soon!


Paxton Update:

Paxton seems to be doing really well. Thursday we will be 28 weeks prego; thus entering the third and final trimester. I cannot believe we have roughly 12 weeks before we get to meet this little one! I do not have gestational diabetes and I am not anemic (I was with Maddox) and I have not had any more contractions since last week (this has been the longest I have gone without them...yippee) Paxton been super active lately and at times I can feel his feet in my ribs and his arms punching my bladder at the same time!! I do believe he is a little confused about day time and night time because he sleeps most of the day and loves to party in the evening (he is probably just fighting for his "alone" time with me in the evening...hahah....sibling rivalry in utero...hahah). I am eager to get the nursery finished and patiently await the arrival of our little man!

3 comments:

LovelyLadyCakes said...

What a sweet hubs. I loved that he rang the doorbell and whallla your Valentine hubs! When I was scrolling down while reading then saw Maddox with the breathing machine, poor guy, but he sure does take a nice picture even with it on...You are a great mom to somehow distract him for 15 min whow!
LOVE YA
xoxo

The Kalivoda's said...

Thanks miss anna....brad was super sweet and we had a great time. Maddox has been a champ with the breathing treatments....he gets a little frustrated towards the end, but usually a silly song with hand motions from Mommy helps distract him for a little longer!!! thanks for your sweet comment!

Jocelyn said...

oh my goodness i think that is the cutests/funniest thing i have heard in a while! he is so so cute :) that's certainly one for the memory books!