Thursday, February 18, 2010

Honesty of a Child

I have pimples on my chin like a teenage girl (got to love the wonderful pregnancy hormones combined with a little added stress) and my sweet sweet son makes sure to point them out to me. He grabs my face points at said blemishes and says "oh no, ouch....I kiss it" You have to love the honesty of a child.
Obviously my pregnant body has changed a lot over the past few months. My belly is growing rapidly, thus changing the shape of my belly button...awesome! hahah! Maddox noticed my once "inny" has changed to a beautiful "outy" and he said "eww nasty...clean it up" He then proceeded to get a towel to wipe off my belly button. Hhahah....oh thank you little man. You have to love the honesty of a child.
This evening, during Maddox's breathing treatment, he looked up at me with those huge, very expressive brown eyes and whispered "oh mommy, I love you". Oh my goodness...my heart is now mush and my spirit is completely rejuvenated. You have to love the honesty of a child.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

so true...so sweet!

Kameron and Jason Fellers said...

Oh my goodness I love him! And thanks for reminding me to be thankful for Mollie's inability to speak just yet...don't know if I can handle the truth!! hehe